Are you building a brand new house, or are you giving your existing guest bathroom a new look? Either way, here are some ideas that will inspire you to give it a unique and charming look.
Choose The Wall Covering - Consider selecting soft colors that will go well with the rest of your bathroom decor.
- Off-white, white, light mocha, eggshell blue, sea foam green, pale yellow or light blue would all be great choices. Turquoise would be gorgeous!
- Select paint that will do well in a very moist environment and that can be easily cleaned.
- Another idea is to select a different color for one of the walls. Choosing a bold color for that wall may create the look of space.
- Consider adding wallpaper to your bathroom ceiling, as that will make it look taller.
Add The Decor - Consider selecting a theme for your guest bathroom. One thing to keep in mind is that both men and women will be using the bathroom. Consider decorating with a look that will be pleasing to both.
- For example, if you select a travel theme, it would be darling to stand a traveling trunk up and use it as a place to keep extra towels in sight. Place pictures of famous cities like Rome, Paris, New York and Tokyo in frames that will match your bathroom fixtures.
- Another idea is to select a nautical theme. Consider choosing red, white and blue for your towels. Frame pictures of light houses and sailboats for a charming look.
- Consider selecting a humorous look. Frame cartoons, pictures of funny animals, or add sayings like, I'm So Fancy It Hurts, Aren't You Ready Yet? or Leave Your Boots At The Front Desk.
- An old-fashioned look would be charming. Frame old-fashioned photographs, old doilies, embroidered handkerchiefs, and anything else that is nostalgic.
Choose Enclosures - If your room is very small, your bathtub and shower are either combined, or you only have a shower. Either way, consider selecting glass shower doors for your enclosures. Not only are they beautiful, but they are also affordable and will last for a very long time. Glass enclosures are very easy to maintain, too. Just use a good glass cleaner and a chamois cloth to make your glass door shine. Keeping a squeegie in a pretty container will make it easy to wipe the doors down after each use.
Have fun planning your guest bathroom.