Perhaps your existing house needs a new roof because of weather damage, or simply because it has gotten old. Either way, here are some ideas that might inspire you on the type roof to select.
Can You Repair The Present Roof? - Obviously, before you take any further steps, find out if you can repair your roof. Repairing your present roof would be a great option because it would save you quite a bit of money. A good roofer can help you to make the decision of how to proceed. Here are some of the important steps you should take before making your selection of which roofer to select.
- Talk to several roofers. Find out if they are licensed and if they are insured. Are all of the workers insured? Ask for proof of licensing and insurance.
- Some types of roofing require contractors to have specific training before they can install that particular roof. Find out if your roofer has the certification and licensing to proceed with your roof repair.
- Ask what type of warranty your roof will have. Get detailed information of the job, including beginning date, target end date, and the total price of the job in writing. Find out if the price includes clean up at the end of the job.
Have You Decided To Replace The Roof? - If you have decided that the roof is beyond repair, here are some points to consider.
- First, determine the style of your home. A ranch style house would look fabulous with a tin roof, for example. One with an Italian or Mexican theme calls for a tile roof, Shingles for an English tudor design would be great. If your house is a classic, traditional one, you can choose any style you want.
- If you select a shingle roof, you'll be happy to know that type of house is usually the most affordable. Shingles come in many great colors and styles, too. Although they are not impervious to bad weather, a shingle roof is easy to repair.
- Even though tin roofs are more expensive than shingle roofs, they are extremely durable. Now, there are even tin roofs that are designed so that you can't see hail damage very easily. Also, because they reflect the rays of the sun, they are energy efficient.
- A tile roof usually costs more than a tin roof or a shingle roof, but you definitely get a lot for your money. Besides being gorgeous, tile roofs last for many years. They're pretty much weather-resistant, too. When repairs need to be made, individuals tiles can be replaced. The traditional color for a tile roof is brick red, but consider selecting a dramatic color, like turquoise.
Good luck on making decisions regarding your roofing needs, and don't hesitate to contact a company like VK Roofing for more information.